Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Project 365


I waited and waited for the rain to stop so I could go out and walk the streets of downtown Spokane in search of "things" to take pictures of. This is day 2 of my photography assignment and also day 2 (for me) for Project 365.


It was brain numbing cold out today, not that I'm complaining...just giving you a feel for what I was experiencing on my afternoon jaunt.


Note to Self - taking pictures all around town in a bright yellow wind breaker may cause a disturbance or two. One gal was so interested or intrigued with what I could possibly be taking a picture of she wasn't watching where she was walking and dropped everything in her hands when she lost her balance. Several people (driving I might add) would look to me and then to where I was pointing my camera to see what I was taking a picture of - no accidents occurred, thankfully.


I have to admit I thought it was funny for people to be the least bit interested in what I was doing. One woman actually stopped to ask me what I was taking a picture of, why, etc... She was sweet and I always like meeting new people!
I captured a lot of shots and some of them turned out better than I imagined while others fell short. It was nice to get out of the office, feel the cold air on my skin, the occasional drizzle, and see a whole new part of the city through the lens of my camera.

2 comments:

  1. Great shot, I look forward to seeing more! I'm always amazed at the way my camera helps me see things in a new way!

    ReplyDelete